Commercial Office Development
Development Manager Ft. Lauderdale
Originate, plan, analyze and coordinate the development of multiple or complex commercial real estate projects in order to optimize the allocation of resources and ensure maximum economic return to the Company, Owners and Investors. Need to be proactiveLearn more or Apply
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist in the negotiation of land purchase (or sale) agreements, leases and Partnership Agreements.
- Coordinate and review all due diligence related items including: boundary surveys, plat reviews, soil boring and environmental, engineering existing Restrictive Covenants, and Association Documents.
- Research and comprehend site entitlements, regulatory requirements and coordinate implementation into the project.
- Calculate the cost of governmental review, permit and impact fees for inclusion in the project budget.
- Coordinate construction of site and project through a final Certificate of Occupancy for the project including close out to turn over to Financial Services.
- Prepare Project Budget, Project Schedule, complex feasibility analysis including financial underwriting, and rate of return, risk evaluation and establishing partnership goals.
- Facilitate construction pricing from ballpark through hard bids.
- Prepare and manage the timeline of governmental approvals and sequencing of events from entitling, initial site plan submittal, obtaining building permit to obtaining Certificate of Occupancy.
- Represent the Owner, including governmental regulatory bodies, through the approval process to the Development Review Committee "DRC", Community Appearance Board, Planning and Zoning Board "P & Z", and Commission hearings.
- Coordinate obtaining all miscellaneous regulatory permits as may be required for the project.
- Coordinate all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for issuance of building permit.
- Represent the ownership in negotiating contracts with all other professionals, (civil engineer, architect, and landscape architect) contractor and subcontractor and administer the Contract for Construction, in conjunction with the project architect in an effort to design the project in the most cost effective quality manner that delivers the goals of the ownership with the site research, plan preparation, and in conjunction with submission of site plan approval.
- Coordinate all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for any necessary revisions.
- Coordinate all team members (Architecture, Construction, Leasing/Marketing, Property Management and Asset Management, Tenant Improvement) to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Review and process all monthly requisition for payment.
- Facilitate partnership reporting including monthly progress and variance reports.
- Obtain required insurance coverage (Builders Risk).
- Assigns, directs, coordinates and analyzes the work of subordinate personnel.
- Performs research on general commercial real estate matters and stays current on monitoring trends within the industry and municipalities that they are developing in.
Position may require the direct supervision of one or more managers and administrative staff. Supervision entails the planning, assignment, direction and evaluation of work assignments and product and quality.
Proficient skills of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Project.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong financial acumen with experience generating and working with proformas. Collaborative with the capability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Four year college degree; MSRE preferred or equivalent plus a minimum of five to seven years of experience in administering progressively larger, more complex projects, specifically 5-7 years/projects of office buildings, industrial/distribution buildings or retail center completions.
- Minimum Experience:
- Reference ID: DM II