Partnership Accountant Ft. Lauderdale
This position provides comprehensive financial reporting on multiple Real Estate partnerships. The position reports to the Senior Accountant who is responsible for final review and analysis of all work produced.Learn more or Apply
- Responsible for all aspects of Property Management Accounting including processing daily cash receipts, generating monthly tenant charges and statements, generating management fee billings, abstracting leases and tenant set up in Timberline, MRI and Yardi systems, yearend CAM reconciliations, and regular communication with Property Managers regarding tenant issues.
- Responsible for assisting with budgeting process in Kardin.
- Responsible for preparing and filing monthly sales tax returns.
- Responsible for preparing tangible personal property tax returns.
- Month end responsibilities include reviewing trial balance and budget variance, processing all journal entries, bank reconciliations, generating monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for weekly review of invoice coding from Property Management and Development. Review and code all owners' expense invoices. Weekly review of accounts payable and responsible for invoice payment selection.
- Monthly preparation of draw requests to lenders and review of job cost variance reporting. Communicate regularly with Development and Construction departments.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of all partnership accounting records.
- Track and record fixed assets and depreciation
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's degree from a college or university or three to five years related experience.
- Minimum Experience: Must have thorough knowledge of accounting practices and principles, and Property Management/ Construction/Development accounting experience necessary.
- Reference ID: Part Acct
Commercial Office Development
Development Manager Ft. Lauderdale
Originate, plan, analyze and coordinate the development of multiple or complex commercial real estate projects in order to optimize the allocation of resources and ensure maximum economic return to the Company, Owners and Investors. Need to be proactiveLearn more or Apply
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist in the negotiation of land purchase (or sale) agreements, leases and Partnership Agreements.
- Coordinate and review all due diligence related items including: boundary surveys, plat reviews, soil boring and environmental, engineering existing Restrictive Covenants, and Association Documents.
- Research and comprehend site entitlements, regulatory requirements and coordinate implementation into the project.
- Calculate the cost of governmental review, permit and impact fees for inclusion in the project budget.
- Coordinate construction of site and project through a final Certificate of Occupancy for the project including close out to turn over to Financial Services.
- Prepare Project Budget, Project Schedule, complex feasibility analysis including financial underwriting, and rate of return, risk evaluation and establishing partnership goals.
- Facilitate construction pricing from ballpark through hard bids.
- Prepare and manage the timeline of governmental approvals and sequencing of events from entitling, initial site plan submittal, obtaining building permit to obtaining Certificate of Occupancy.
- Represent the Owner, including governmental regulatory bodies, through the approval process to the Development Review Committee "DRC", Community Appearance Board, Planning and Zoning Board "P & Z", and Commission hearings.
- Coordinate obtaining all miscellaneous regulatory permits as may be required for the project.
- Coordinate all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for issuance of building permit.
- Represent the ownership in negotiating contracts with all other professionals, (civil engineer, architect, and landscape architect) contractor and subcontractor and administer the Contract for Construction, in conjunction with the project architect in an effort to design the project in the most cost effective quality manner that delivers the goals of the ownership with the site research, plan preparation, and in conjunction with submission of site plan approval.
- Coordinate all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for any necessary revisions.
- Coordinate all team members (Architecture, Construction, Leasing/Marketing, Property Management and Asset Management, Tenant Improvement) to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Review and process all monthly requisition for payment.
- Facilitate partnership reporting including monthly progress and variance reports.
- Obtain required insurance coverage (Builders Risk).
- Assigns, directs, coordinates and analyzes the work of subordinate personnel.
- Performs research on general commercial real estate matters and stays current on monitoring trends within the industry and municipalities that they are developing in.
Position may require the direct supervision of one or more managers and administrative staff. Supervision entails the planning, assignment, direction and evaluation of work assignments and product and quality.
Proficient skills of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Project.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong financial acumen with experience generating and working with proformas. Collaborative with the capability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Four year college degree; MSRE preferred or equivalent plus a minimum of five to seven years of experience in administering progressively larger, more complex projects, specifically 5-7 years/projects of office buildings, industrial/distribution buildings or retail center completions.
- Minimum Experience:
- Reference ID: DM II
Stiles Architectural Group
Project Assistant Ft. Lauderdale
AutoCAD/Revit Operator who is able to perform all phases of architectural design under direction of the Project Architect, with the ability to make decisions, think independently, and work well as a supporting member of a team.Learn more or Apply
- Assist Project Manager in coordination and production of architectural drawings from space planning to construction documents
- Prepare computer-generated drawings from Project Manager's designs and information.
- Performs miscellaneous architectural related duties (field inspections, as-built surveys, etc.)
- Electronic Project File Management within established guidelines
- Ability to meet scheduled dates established by the Project Manager
- Ability to develop construction documents for commercial projects which include the following tasks:
- Dimension floor plans, site plan elevations properly
- Ability to follow CAD standards
- Understanding drawing composition and adhere to architectural sheet guidelines
- Transfer details/sections from one project to next
- Numbering of doors and adding to door schedule
- Develop restroom elevations
- Develop cabinetry section and elevations
- Accurately picking up red marks and checking own work for accuracy and spelling
- Ability to organize CADD files, PDF documents, and related consultant files by discipline and project phases
- Knowledge of XREFS and file linking in AutoCAD Architecture and Revit Architecture
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to operate computer utilizing AutoCAD Architecture & Revit Architecture software.
Capability to understand basic construction methodologies and systems.
BIM/Revit/ COBie knowledge a plus.
Ability to decipher all applicable Codes as well as a wide range of technical and practical problems. Must have organizational skills to handle a multitude of projects and rapid changes among projects.
Ability to communicate ideas via graphic presentations, verbally and in written form is essential.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction documents; ability to effectively converse with others on construction industry terminology and issues.
Other Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture 2015 or greater & Revit Architecture 2015 or greater. Knowledge in ArchiCAD not applicable.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Experience: Three (3) years minimum experience using AutoCAD & Two (2) years minimum experience using Revit as well as working knowledge of construction documents. Revit Architecture or Autocad Architecture Certified User preferred. Familiarity with The National BIM Standard and AIA CAD Standards preferred.
- Reference ID: Arch Proj Asst
Superintendent Ft. Lauderdale
Responsible for subcontractor coordination & supervision, job-site safety, coordination of inspections on the job-site and assists the Project Manager in the pursuit of a profitable and "on-time" project.Learn more or Apply
Project Manager Ft. Lauderdale
Overall management responsibility for projects of any size and complexity. Manages scheduling, cost, subcontract submittals and keeps all pertinent records to ensure a profitable and "on-time" project delivery.Learn more or Apply
Safety Manager Ft. Lauderdale
This position, under limited supervision, implements the maintenance of a comprehensive safety, health and environmental affairs program for the Construction department. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and standards involLearn more or Apply
- Implements and over-sees day-to-day job site safety. Conducts job site inspections and orientations.
- Implements and maintains comprehensive programs in the areas of general safety and health and implements preventive programs to identify and reduce risks form potential hazards on job sites and in the workplace..
- Trains, supervises and evaluates employees with regards to safety.
- Works with Safety Director to develop and implement employee injury prevention strategies and program(s); monitors program effectiveness and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Performs accident investigation and follow up on accident claims. Includes maintenance of accident records.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental health and safety standards promulgated by all local, state, and federal agencies through development and implementation of on-site inspection and monitoring programs.
- Keeps abreast of pending regulatory developments through reference sources.
- Attend courses and seminars to maintain and increase technical education.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for providing on the job supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
This role requires intermediate experience in safety and health with a particular focus in the Construction business. An excellent track record of delivering results within challenging parameters. Exceptional team building and diplomatic skills along with excellent safety and construction knowledge of multi-tasked capital projects. The ability to influence others and take an independent view on key issues. A high level of credibility in the safety and construction field. Other skills required (but not limited to):
- Knowledge of environmental health standards
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or medial sources.
- Ability to develop, implement and enforce safety programs and protocols.
- Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards.
- Knowledge of current developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum Experience: 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Reference ID: Safety Mgr
Stiles Property Management
Station Maintenance Technician Ft. Lauderdale
Maintenance Technician will oversee the day to day operations of 9 stations. Within those stations, will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of three (3) stations while overseeing staffing and operations for the other six (6) stationsLearn more or Apply
- Must have extensive knowledge of HVAC systems, fire control, standby generator, security systems and all other related station equipment
- HVAC refrigerant license and/or journeyman license
- Extensive knowledge of LEED/green sustainable practices
- Perform this role with the highest professionalism, enforcing standards of conduct, policies with employees and sub-contractors
- Monitor the safety of the stations, report incidents with documentation and mitigate loss
- Initiate preventative maintenance programs along with tracking and scheduling tasks
- Input all required reports to the Maintenance Management System
- Supervise station maintenance personnel
- Plans weekly work schedule and assigns tasks
- Monitors inventory and purchases materials as needed
- Ensures contractors comply with contract specifications
- Performs work orders as assigned by management
- Monitors property condition and reports to Manager
- Responsible for all aspects of station operations including: Life Safety systems, lighting systems, HVAC system, elevator/escalator, generator system, plumbing and security systems and any other tasks that management deems necessary
- Supervise maintenance personnel, training, scheduling, safety procedures
- Committed to maintaining a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination
- Procures and evaluates proposals
- Provides training of roll-up and sliding doors, door hardware and lock maintenance
- Supervising personnel and overseeing policies, procedures, protocols and controls that govern operations for the maintenance team.
- Sets goals and objectives--short-term and long-term--for maintenance staff.
- Solicits bids in accordance with procurement requirements.
- Oversees preparation of reports, such as statistical and data analysis reports.
- Performs and oversees the daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational tasks required in the Contract Documents
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Education or equivalent training, High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 2-4 years related work experience.
- Reference ID: Station Maint Tech
Building Engineer Orlando
Supports the Property Manager in the day-to-day operation of the property/ies by providing support on building systems, ensuring all systems are being maintained at the highest recommended level, overseeing construction, and assisting in any other physicaLearn more or Apply
- Must have knowledge of HVAC systems/chillers, fire control, standby generator, security systems and energy management systems.
- Knowledge of LEED/green sustainable practices for office building systems.
- Perform this role with professionalism, enforcing Stiles Corporation's standard of conduct, policies with employees and sub-contractors.
- Initiate preventative maintenance programs.
- Supervise junior maintenance personnel.
- Plans weekly work schedule.
- Monitors inventory and purchases materials as needed.
- Ensures contractors comply with contract specifications.
- Performs work orders as assigned by management.
- Monitors property condition and reports to Manager.
- Provides service to tenant.
- Responsible for all aspects of building operations including: Life safety systems, lighting systems, HVAC system, generator system, plumbing and security systems and any other task that management deems necessary.
- Initiates preventative maintenance programs.
- Supervise maintenance personnel, training, scheduling, safety procedures.
- Hire maintenance candidates. Committed to maintaining a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination.
- Monitoring inventory and purchases, tenant work orders, sub contractors performance and quality of maintenance work.
- Evaluates Bids and means and motives.
- Type: Full-time
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years experience. Education or equivalent training. Knowledge of standard building equipment and machinery, especially HVAC systems/chillers.
- Reference ID: Bldg Egr - Maitland
Senior Property Manager Ft. Lauderdale
The Senior Property Manager will be primarily responsible for managing and overseeing multiple facilities including train stations, train yards, and office facilities.Learn more or Apply
The Station Maintenance Manager (SMM) and SR PM will both be responsible for the following tasks, over their respective stations, with the SMM providing final authority and oversight over all stations so that a consistent, reliable, management experience is delivered.
The position requires the Senior Property Manager to participate in a rotational on-call schedule to respond to emergency work orders on nights and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assign subordinate duties and responsibilities to staff and subcontractors
- Plan, prepare, and monitor the completion of work, including the implementation of online checklists within the MMS for carious equipment and systems that required periodic and/or regular inspections
- Communicate priorities for all work and ensure completion times are met in accordance with the contract documents
- Establish procedures and schedules for recurring maintenance in accordance with the OEM manuals, warranties, and industry best practices.
- Identify and track all equipment and systems under warranty and ensure warranty provisions are complied with to maintain warranty coverage
- Create PM checklists for specific equipment and takes to be used by maintenance personnel, monitor compliance, and revise as needed.
- Create "Extra Work" requests for approval, as required, for tasks outside the contracted scope of work (such as repairs due to damage or destruction due to natural disasters, etc.)
- Review the SMP annually each December, and update it as required for best in class operating standards
- Create inventory equipment lists and tracking documents for various equipment, systems, property, certifications, warranties, etc.
- Equipment Inventory List - includes HVAC systems, backflow preventers, irrigation systems, fire extinguishers, lighting, Generators, etc. The Equipment Inventory list will list all equipment "In Service" and equipment "Temporarily Out of Service." Separate reports can be run for equipment that has or will be "Removed From Service."
- Property & Parts Inventory — Includes a listing of back stock/attic stock supplies and materials on hand, and the storage location for each item such as light bulbs, glass windows, CCTV cameras, batteries, paint supplies, safety supplies, emergency telephones, elevator repair components, etc.
- Review and code monthly invoicing for proper submittal compliance
- Assign and monitor staffing schedules and performance (in-house and 3rd party).
- Run daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution.
Support personnel, clerical, and secretarial people directly report to this position. Responsible for scheduling, assigning work, reviewing contract compliance, interpreting higher level directions, recommending increases, transfers and discharges. Employee must be able to supervise and manage 3rd party contractors and provide quality assurance inspections and follow up actions.
Must have excellent computer skills especially with MS Word and Excel.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player
- High integrity and honest
- Tactful and diplomatic
The physical demands described here are representative of these that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with hands; and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must be able to perform facility inspections monthly including summer and winter months. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job include close, distant, color, peripheral, vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred. Education or equivalent training in disciples, such as business, liberal arts, computer science, finance, accounting, etc. as typically found in a bachelors degree program.
- Minimum Experience: 5-10 years
- Reference ID: Sr PM
Stiles Retail Group
Retail Development Associate Ft. Lauderdale
This position will provide market research, assist in Site Selection, assist in Financial Modeling, and general development and redevelopment support and analysis.Learn more or Apply
- Assist in the evaluation of both the feasibility and profitability of retail investment opportunities.
- Assist in evaluating project feasibility, including proforma creation and ARGUS analysis.
- Performs preliminary due diligence as required.
- Assist in assembling and producing project approval packages for presentation.
- Maintain on-going current market knowledge.
- Track the top major national merchants operating in targeted Florida markets.
- Identify voids throughout Florida for development & redevelopments opportunities (i.e. shopping center sites or build to suits).
- Maintain and develop a contact list of property owners and joint venture development partners.
- Driving (markets, sites, etc.) in Florida will be approximately 30 — 50% of work time.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Real Estate, Economics or Finance.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of 2 years industry experience in Real Estate related fields such as Development, Brokerage, Planning, or Finance. Leasing or Tenant Rep background, &/or knowledge of local RE markets a plus.
- Reference ID: Retail Dev Assoc.