Stiles announced today that its property management and construction divisions won a combined 26 awards during a pair of local award ceremonies. Stiles Property Management and Stiles Construction are divisions of full-service real estate firm Stiles, read more
Preconstruction comprises 15% of our staff, evidence of our dedication to the upfront and longterm success of your project. The construction process begins by clearly defining clients' needs. Once the parameters are established, we implement a value management process that streamlines construction development and recommends cost savings ideas for quality improvements. Stiles commitment to careful planning and faultless project execution results in providing clients with the highest standards of efficiency and value.
Becoming a Qualified SubcontractorIn keeping with our commitment to providing our clients with the highest quality services and prices, we encourage new subcontractors with similar goals to apply for entry into our subcontractor database.
Directions: Please thoroughly read the General Contractor Requirements (shortened version). Next, complete the online Subcontractor Registration.
Click here for Subcontractor Contract Requirements and a Current Bid Schedule.
General Subcontractor Requirements
The following is provided to advise you of some* of the existing mandatory procedures and clauses relative to our Subcontract Agreement so that you can adjust/modify your bidding process accordingly when submitting bids to our Company for a specific project.
- A copy of the Subcontract will be issued for electronic signature via DocuSign, an online service at no cost to you. Original Subcontract agreements are not mailed. The Subcontract agreement must be signed online.
- Payment Preconditions:
- Before the first payment is made to you, we must have an Affidavit (form is included in subcontract package) listing all suppliers you will be using on this project.
- At time of execution of the Subcontract and before work is started, we must have a current Certificate of Insurance listing the insurance coverages and limits stated below with Stiles Corporation as additional insured and Certificate Holder. This insurance certificate MUST at a minimum (no exceptions) list the following minimum coverages and limits:
- Statutory Workers' Compensation insurance and Employer's Liability not less than 100/500/100 in accordance with the requirements of the laws of the jurisdiction in which the work is to be performed (it is a company requirement that all Subcontractors, regardless of whether they are self-employed and/or have no employees, provide proof of workers' compensation insurance). If Workers' Compensation insurance is provided through an employee leasing company, the employee leasing company must provide Stiles with a waiver of subrogation endorsement as required of Subcontractor per the Subcontract. Subcontractors utilizing an employee leasing company for their Workers' Compensation insurance are not permitted to bring any trades onto the jobsite. Only employees of the leasing company (providing the Workers' Compensation insurance) shall be permitted to work on jobsite.
- Broad form Comprehensive General Liability insurance covering personal injury, bodily injury and property damage liability with a combined single limit of not less than $2,000,000 incorporating premises/operations, XCC (explosion, collapse and underground hazard), products/completed operation hazard, contractual insurance, broad form property damage liability, independent contractor's liability and personal injury liability. The actual required limit of liability may be greater than $2,000,000 depending on trade and scope of work.
- Comprehensive Automobile Liability insurance for owned, hired, and non-owned vehicles in an amount not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit bodily injury and property damage.
- Professional Liability insurance of not less than $1,000,000 if scope of work requires stamp or seal of a professional engineer or submission of calculations or drawings of a design professional or any other types of professional or consulting services.
- Pollution Liability insurance of not less than $1,000,000 if scope of work involves environmental services, abatement, demolition and/or contact, removal, replacement or handling of hazardous or toxic chemicals, materials or substances.
- Crane Liability insurance of not less than $5,000,000 if scope of work includes operating hiring or contracting others to operate or hire a crane.
- Where permissible, all insurance policies shall be endorsed to contain a waiver of subrogation in favor of Contractor and shall be primary to any and all insurance maintained by Contractor.
- Subcontractor shall furnish certificates of insurance along with all required endorsements, at time of execution of the Subcontract to Contractor. No "waivers" of any kind for any type of required insurance will be accepted in lieu of the aforementioned certificates. Thirty (30) days advance notice of cancellation or material change or intention of non-renewal shall be given Contractor showing applicable deductibles, if any, and a declaration stating if the policy excludes punitive damages, is on a claims made basis, or where limits are materially impaired by prior claims. The Workers' Compensation insurance shall similarly provide for advance notice to Contractor of cancellation or termination thereof. Contractor, Owner and/or Developer shall be named as additional insured, including products and completed operations, as respects to each project performed in conjunction with the Contractor under Subcontractor's insurance policy required hereunder except for Workers' Compensation and Professional Liability. In addition, the insurance shall include contractual liability insurance covering the Subcontractor's obligations. In the event the Subcontractor fails to maintain any insurance coverage required under this Subcontract, Contractor may terminate this Subcontract and charge Subcontractor; which would also pertain to any authorized sub-subcontractors retained by Subcontractor. The aforementioned insurance requirements are to be met by any authorized sub-subcontractor of the Subcontractor.
- The above are the minimum insurance requirements, coverages and limits. Subcontractor shall refer to the Subcontract Agreement for the complete insurance requirements, coverages and limits.
- Letter of Guarantee (included in subcontractor package) is to be filled out and returned to our office ten (10) days after execution of the Subcontract.
- A signed original Subcontract (with any changes initialed) must be in our office prior to commencement of work.
- The Contractor shall make payments to the Subcontractor in current funds as the work progresses monthly. The Contractor shall pay to the Subcontractor an amount equal to ninety percent (90%) of the work done during the preceding calendar month, as estimated by the Contractor (provided that the Subcontractor has submitted the necessary supplier releases of lien in addition to all other precondition requirements being met).
- The final payment shall be made thirty (30) days after the Contractor shall have received from the Owner the final payment under their Agreement, provided the Subcontractor and his surety shall have fulfilled and performed all of the covenants and conditions of the Subcontract.
*This document does not intend to list all Contract requirements; only those clauses and procedures which have recently been revised and incorporated
*This document is in no way to be construed as an agreement to enter into a contract and is provided only as an aid to your bidding process.
- Stiles Construction Places Number 7 on South Florida Business Journal's Top General Contractors List
- Amaray Las Olas Awarded Fort Lauderdale Community Appearance Award
- The Enclave Shops at Coral Ridge Awarded Fort Lauderdale Community Appearance Award
- Hollywood Circle Project Awarded with the Sunshine State Safety Award
- Five Eagle Awards and One Pyramid Award from the Associated Builders & Constructors, Inc.:
- Brighton Public Safety Complex - Community Public Service - $22.8 Million - Eagle Award
- Elan 16forty - Multifamily Housing - $42.9 Million - Eagle Award
- iPic North Miami - Entertainment Facilities - $8 Million - Eagle Award
- Hollywood Hard Rock Renovations - Interiors - $35.8 Million - Eagle Award
- One West Las Olas - Commercial - $7.8 Million - Eagle Award
- Audi Fort Lauderdale - Commercial - $8 Million - Pyramid Award
- Stiles Construction | The Canvas Project Wins Sunshine State Award for Safety from the USF Safety Florida Consultation Program
- Stiles Construction's Kris Lengieza Becomes First CM-Lean Certified Person in the State of Florida
- One West Las Olas wins the 2016 City of Fort Lauderdale Community Appearance Award for Outstanding Achievement in Urban Design
- Five CASF Awards from the Construction Association of South Florida:
- 3850 Federal Highway Golf Course - Sitework
- Amaray (8th Avenue Residences) - Glass, Glazing & Plumbing
- Broward County Animal Care Facility - Masonry, Structural Steel, Ceiling, Plaster & Electrical
- iPic Theatre - Ceramic Tile, Composite Wall Panels
- Pembroke Pines Civic Center - Structural Steel Erection, Concrete Tilt Wall Erection, Structural Steel Erection
- 19 Construction Association of South Florida Craftsmanship Awards for 2015:
- One West Las Olas - Commercial - $7.8 Million - Eagle Award
- Kuro at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood (8 awards)
- Hard Rock Casino Café (1 award)
- Howard Tiger Recreational Center (1 award)
- Hard Rock Casino Pool (2 awards)
- Okalee Village (1 award)
- Paseo Del Mar (2 awards)
- Gunther Kia (2 awards)
- Hard Rock Casino Suites (1 award)
- Hard Rock Casino "L" Bar (1 award)
- Stiles' former headquarters 300 Las Olas Place wins USGBC GalaVerde award for LEED certification in the EB:OM (existing building) category
- Stiles Construction Wins Eagle Awards for Several projects in 2014, including Project of the Year for Broward Center of the Performing Arts renovation and expansion
- Stiles Construction wins the Bluebeam eXtreme public sector award for the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- South Florida Business Journal ranks Stiles Construction as 6th Top General Contractor
- South Florida Business Journal ranks Stiles Construction as 15th Top General Contractor statewide
- Stiles Construction received 17 Construction Association of South Florida Craftsmanship Awards for 2013
- 17 Construction Association of South Florida Craftsmanship Awards for 2013
- Stiles Construction received the 2013 Business of the Year Award for One Plantation by the Plantation Fire Department
- Stiles Construction is ranked as a Top 5 General Contractor by the South Florida Business Journal
- The National Association of Women in Construction presents Stiles Construction with the 2013 Contractor Safety Excellence Award
- 16 Construction Association of South Florida Craftsmanship Awards for 2012
- 2012 Associated Builders & Contractors Excellence in Construction Awards — Eagle awards for Sunrise Public Safety Complex and Museum of Discovery & Science Eco-Discovery Center
- MODS selected as Construction Association of South Florida's 2012 Overall Craftsmanship Award
- The National NAIOP honored Stiles with the Capital Dome Award in Washington, DC for our work on the Vote NO on Amendment 4 campaign and as the company with the most outstanding government affairs effort in the entire country
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Platinum STEP safety award for the 9th consecutive year
- Asociated Builders and Contractors (ABC) three Excellence in Construction (Eagle) Awards
- Southeast Construction Award of Excellence for AutoNation Tenant Improvement
- The Construction Association of South Florida's (CASF) Craftsmanship Awards recognized 6 nominated craftsman for the following Stiles Construction projects
- Holy Cross HealthPlex (1)
- AutoNation Tenant Improvement (4)
- Marriott Harbor Beach (1)
- The Construction Association of South Florida's (CASF) Craftsmanship Awards recognized 12 nominated craftsman for the following Stiles Construction Co. projects:
- Harbor Beach Marriott Ballroom Addition
- JA World Huizenga Center
- Lexus of North Miami (4)
- Meadowbrook Elementary
- Pembroke Pines City Center
- Animal Hospital at Palm Beach Zoo
- Trump International Hotel & Tower
- West Kendall Toyota (2)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Platinum STEP safety award for the 8th consecutive year
- The City of Fort Lauderdale Community Appearance Award to 200 Las Olas Circle
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Platinum STEP safety award for the 7th consecutive year
- The Construction Association of South Florida's (CASF) Craftsmanship Awards recognized 16 nominated craftsman for the following Stiles Construction projects:
- Acura of Pembroke Pines
- Bank of Florida at 200 Las Olas Circle
- City of Hollywood Charnow Park / Garfield Parking Garage
- Dolphin Stadium (8)
- Lake Shore Plaza II (2)
- Trump International Hotel and Tower
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) General Contractor Excellence in Construction Awards for:
- 200 Las Olas Centre — Commercial Project - $30-75 Million
- Children's Services Council — Institutional Project - $15-30 Million
- Seminole Community College Automotive Training Facility — Institutional Project - $5-15 Million
- Dolphins Stadium Addition — Commercial Project — Over $125 Million
- The Shoppes at Veranda Falls — Commercial Project - $15-30 Million
City of Hollywood Garfield Street Parking Garage and Charnow Park — Public Works Project - $15-30 Million
- City of Deerfield Beach Mitigation Operations Center — Public Works Project - $5-15 Million
- Miami Dolphins Indoor Training Facility — Commercial Project - $5-15 Million
- Lake Shore Plaza II Office Building — Green Building Merit Award
- Platinum STEP safety award for the 6th consecutive year
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Excellence in Construction Awards Business of the Year Finalist
- McGraw-Hill's Southeast Construction Magazine's "Best of 2007" Awards recognized
- Dolphins Stadium as the Best Sports Project of the year and presented Merit Awards for both the Miami Dolphins Indoor Practice Field and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- The Construction Association of South Florida's (CASF) Craftsmanship Awards recognized 14 nominated craftsman for the following Stiles Construction projects:
- Children's Services Council (2)
- Miami Dolphins Indoor Practice Field (2)
- Dolphin Stadium (4)
- City of Deerfield Beach Mitigation Operation Center "MOC"
- 200 Las Olas Circle
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Sunrise Harley-Davidson (2)
- Pines Auto Plaza
Stiles® Celebrates Groundbreaking of "The Main Las Olas" Signature Mixed-Use Towers, Announces First Office Tenants
Stiles® Celebrates Groundbreaking of "The Main Las Olas" Signature Mixed-Use Towers, Announces First Office Tenants
**Shorenstein, Broward College and the City of Fort Lauderdale read more
South Florida-based Stiles Construction announced today that they have been honored with a 2017 Build Florida Award by The Associated General Contractors of America, Inc., Florida East Coast Chapter (AGC FEC) for Excellence in Innovation on the Charles read more
Fort Lauderdale-based Stiles Construction, a longstanding construction management services provider throughout Florida, has received three prestigious Eagle awards at the 2017 Annual Excellence in Construction Competition hosted by the Associated Builders read more
Stiles Construction, one of Florida's oldest and most recognized third-party general contractors and a division of full-service real estate services provider Stiles Corporation, has been selected to build a 25-story luxury apartment project in the heart read more
Broward College District Board of Trustees Approves Entering Into a Pre-Development Agreement and a Ground Lease with Stiles Corporation
The new agreement will allow for the redevelopment of the Willis Holcombe Center in downtown Fort Lauderdale
On Tuesday, February 28, the Broward College District Board of Trustees voted to enter into a pre-development agreement and ground lease read more
Hollywood Circle Hotel, Apartments and Publix is quickly taking shape as Stiles continues construction on this 25-story mixed-use project located at 1740 Polk Street in downtown Hollywood, FL. Valued at $123 million, the project consists of 397 residences, read more
The 597,730-square-foot new parking garage located at 3501 Johnson Street in Hollywood, FL broke ground on September 7th 2016 and is currently set to open August 2017. Stiles construction entered into a joint venture with Thornton Construction. read more
The new 40,000-square-foot modern shelter that opened in November is twice the size of the shelter's former facility and holds up to 500 cats and dogs. Located at 2400 SW 42nd Street, the shelter is situated on a landscaped, six-acre parcel read more
For the first time in more than a decade, a luxury residential condominium project has risen into the sky on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Today, the PARAMOUNT Fort Lauderdale Beach development team will join the construction team and city officials to celebrate read more
On Saturday, CANVAS Condominiums, Downtown Miami's newest 513-unit read more
Two of South Florida's most experienced General Contractors, BCBE Construction LLC and Stiles Construction, are now building the second tower at AQUA at Pelican Isle.
BCBE Construction, LLC, is based in Naples and their team has been part of read more
We are proud to announce that The Broward Center for the Performing Arts Huizenga Pavilion has been awarded a 2015 GalaVerde LEEDership and Green Award by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) South Florida Chapter.
Completed by the Stiles/Miller read more
Stiles is excited to announce the ground breaking of a new 30,575-square-foot retail center in Coral Ridge. The center will be anchored by Fresh Market, which is expected to open in early 2016. Stiles is developing and leasing the center, and has already read more
Stiles Construction, a division of the premier full service commercial real estate development firm based in Fort Lauderdale, is pleased to announce the completed construction of Audi Fort Lauderdale. A ribbon cutting ceremony hosted by owner Qvale Auto read more
Hernandez Construction, an affiliate of full-service commercial real estate firm, Stiles, has broken ground on the first two buildings slated for Flagler Global Logistics' highly anticipated Flagler Station Phase III development. Buildings 1 and 2, totaling read more
Stiles Realty, a division of Fort Lauderdale-based full-service real estate firm Stiles, announced 57,829 square feet of leasing activity at Coralwood Center, one of the largest power centers in Cape Coral, Florida. National retailers HomeGoods and Ulta read more
Stiles/Miller LLC, a joint venture partnership between Stiles and Miller Construction Company, received the prestigious "Project of the Year" award from The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), Florida East Coast Chapter for the recently completed read more
Ceremony to celebrate the last piece being placed at the top of the building; plans for early 2015 opening to feature five story 260,000sq. ft. dealership located on Sunrise Blvd. at the Sawgrass Expressway. Rick Case of Rick Case Automotive Group, one read more
Stiles Construction marked a key milestone today as it topped off construction of a new Fort Lauderdale luxury apartment community project, Elan 16Forty, in downtown Fort Lauderdale. The project, owned and operated by Greystar, is located at 1640 read more
Stiles And Fort Lauderdale Law Firm Kopelowitz Ostrow P.A. Break Ground On Las Olas Boulevard's Newest Office Project
Jeff Ostrow, managing partner at Fort Lauderdale-based law firm Kopelowitz Ostrow P.A., and Fort Lauderdale-based full-service real estate firm Stiles, hosted the groundbreaking of Las Olas Boulevard's newest commercial project, One West Las Olas. The read more
Stiles and Gunther Automotive to Host Groundbreaking Ceremony for New Gunther Kia in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale-based Stiles Construction and Stiles Architectural Group, along with Gunther Motor Company, will host a groundbreaking ceremony for the all-new Gunther Kia dealership located at 1900 State Road 7 in Fort Lauderdale, on April 24 at 10 a.m. read more
Stiles/Miller Tops Off Rose Miniaci Arts Education Center At Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Fort Lauderdale
Stiles/Miller, the joint venture contracting team handling Broward Center for the Performing Arts' major expansion and renovation, marked a key milestone in the multi-phase project this week, topping off the three-story, 27,630-square-foot Rose Miniaci read more
Hollywood's Newest Publix-Anchored Shopping Center Midway Complete; Opening Set for April 2014 with Starbucks, Pollo Tropical and More
Stiles, a full-service real estate development firm based in Fort Lauderdale, announced today that construction on its newest Publix grocery-anchored shopping center in Hollywood, Fla, West Lake Commons, is 60 percent complete and on-track to open in read more
Stiles Affiliate Hernandez Construction Breaks Ground on $8 Million Flagler Station Project in Miami
Hernandez Construction, a construction management affiliate of Stiles, has recently broken ground on an $8 million, 270,000-square foot industrial project on more than 13 acres in Miami, Fla. Hernandez Construction specializes in small and mid-size, build-to-suit read more
Stiles In The News Media Kit FAQs EcoDiscovery Center at Museum of Discovery and Science Achieves LEED Silver Certification
Stiles Construction, a division of full-service real estate firm Stiles, announced today that the new EcoDiscovery Center wing of the Museum of Discovery and Science in downtown Fort Lauderdale has achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental (LEED®) read more
Seminole Tribe of Florida and Stiles Construction Enter into Unprecedented Joint Venture Partnership
Fort Lauderdale, FL. — In an unprecedented move to expand construction and development operations throughout the Southeast U.S. and beyond, the Seminole Tribe of Florida, Inc. and Stiles Construction, a division of Stiles, announced today a new read more